Thursday, March 31, 2011

Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name's Avila Carlo Irawan. Most of the people think that I'm a woman when they hear my name, but that's not true. That's why I prefer to be called Carlo, to avoid being suspected as a woman. Also, Avila is often misspelled or mistakenly written as Afila, Afilah, and other names.

I'm from Surabaya, Indonesia and my occupation is a full-time lecturer of Culinary Business Department in Universitas Ciputra Surabaya. I graduated from the same university, specializing in Tourism and Hotel Management, but I'm currently teaching marketing and business as my daily life as a lecturer.

This year is a big year for me because I'm taking my Master degree in Japan. I chose to study abroad in order to learn a lot of new things, as well as to develop myself into a more independent and strong individual. I believe that everything that I'm going to learn will be beneficial for my future career. I'm also a big fan of Japanese and its culture since I was a child (until now!) and living in Japan is my dream since I was little (thus the blog title is the 'Journey of Dreams').

I'm writing this blog to share all the experiences and the things that I will learn during my two years of study in Japan. Actually this is a blog that I have created in 2011. You may recognize it when viewing the posting date but I decided to recycle it because I wanted to start writing again to keep in touch with my friends and relatives when I'm in Japan. I've found many useful information from other people blogs also so I decided to return the favor by writing my own blog.

I hope that by reading my posts, you can find some insights, learn something new, and perhaps get inspired to study abroad too :)

English is not native language, so be prepared for any typos or grammatical errors ^_^
I hope you enjoy reading the rest of this posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment